top of page

Recovery Advocates In Livingston-RAIL
Women's Recovery House

A sober living community for women - 810-599-5346

Recovery House Pic.png

RAIL Women's Recovery House

or Call 810-599-5346

The house is located at

521 East Grand River

Howell, Michigan 48843

Recovery Advocates in Livingston Inc. sober living housing program provides a structured setting where newly-sober addicts and alcoholics learn basic skills for sober living.


Recovery Advocates in Livingston Inc. sober living housing is based on the guiding principles and standards of the National Association of Recovery Residences level 3. Level 3 structured setting offers supervised living and qualified staff who are linked to community treatment and support services.


Recovery Advocates in Livingston will provide administrative oversight for staff and procedures, adherence to standards, house rules, peer facilitated groups, drug screening, with emphasis on life skills development. The case manager will assist residents in connecting to clinical services and community-based recovery groups, dental and physical care as needed.


Welcome & Diversity

Those individuals who are identified as having a substance abuse disorder or a substance abuse disorder and a co-occurring mental health disorder shall be welcomed at every RAIL operated and contracted program.


Sober Living House Residents:

  • 18 years or older

  • Medically and psychologically cleared

  • Strong desire to change life circumstances

  • Abstain from alcohol and drug use

  • Commit to a continuing plan of care

  • Consider medication for treatment if opiate user

  • Agree to random drug and alcohol screening

  • Abstain from relationships and sexual activity, unless in a previous committed relationship

  • Attend all house meetings

  • Adhere to the curfew hours

  • Attend all house group activities and community meetings with the community


Items to Bring:

  • Bed & bath linens

  • Toiletries

  • Insurance card

  • Request for other drug screens

  • Prescription for any medication

  • TB test results

  • Discharge plan from referents, if applicable

  • Initial groceries

  • Appropriate attire for professional interviews

  • Items to personalize your space

  • Cell phones are encouraged as a means of communication and accountability

  • Cars are allowed, but cleared on an individual basis

Living Room
Fridge Replacement

RAIL's Women's Recovery House
Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What about employment do I have to work?

A. Residents are required to maintain employment or be going to school. If at any time a resident is/becomes unemployed or not enrolled in school and is capable of working (not injured or sick), he/she must actively seek employment from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.


Q. How much are the fees?

A. Fees are $115.50 per week.


Q. Are there house chores?

A. All residents are expected to complete house chores. Chores are designed to aide in the development of independent living skills. The house manager will assign and monitor resident chores.


Q. Can I have visitors?

A. No, visitors are not allowed on premises without prior approval from the house manager. Guests are not permitted at the house beyond curfew and are only permitted in the common areas. There is no visitation before 9:00 a.m. or after 10:00 p.m.


Q. Is there a curfew?

A. New resident curfew is 6:00 pm every night for 2 weeks. All others must be in by 10:00 pm Sunday through Thursday and 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday. Failure to return to the house on time can/will result in dismissal.


Q. What about meals /food?

A. Meal preparation is the responsibility of the resident. Food is to be prepared and eaten in designated areas only.

Q. Do you conduct random urine and/or alcohol screenings?

A. Yes, all residents will be tested at random to protect the safety and integrity of the facility and the residents. Testing shall occur at intake and no less than one time per month.


Q. Are there any services/groups at the house?

A. Yes, all residents are required to attend a weekly community education group and a house meeting. The group focuses on relapse prevention, behavior modification, spirituality, occupational and financial counseling, impulse control, self-esteem, core belief systems, and a variety of other recovery-based subjects. The case manager will assist the resident in connecting to other community services, medical, dental, etc.


Q. Can I take an overnight pass?

A. Residents are allowed to request overnight passes. Specific policies and procedures are outlined in the resident handbook.


Q. How long can I stay?

A. We encourage residents to make a minimum 4 month commitment to the house. Residents may remain in residency as long as they are achieving life goals and there is mutual benefit between the program and the resident. For up to a year.


Q. Can I bring my car and/or motorcycle?

A. Parking space is limited. Residents needing to have automobiles and/or motorcycles must provide Allies in Recovery with a copy of their valid driver’s license and vehicle registration.



Recipient Rights

Recipients of substance abuse services have rights protected by the state and federal laws and promulgated rules.

For information, contact Anne King-Hudson at 810-599-5346, or Recipient Rights Coordinator, Michigan Department of Community Health, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Bureau of Substances Abuse, 320 South Walnut St., 5th Floor, Lansing, MI 48913.

bottom of page